Saturday, July 20, 2013

WHAT CAN I PRAY ?



Gazing at the Crucifix can I pray earnestly to cure my back pain? How hard is my mind to make such a prayer to a man going through His last agony ! What makes me think that He is being crucified to ease my back pain? In making such a prayer I can find myself amongst the people who fell on their knees, and bowed down to mock Him at Golgotha.

He is paying the price to annihilate the consequences of our past Karmas ! Forgive my sins ! Pray Him nothing but forgiveness of our sins as that is the only reason He  hangs on the Cross. Other prayers before the Crucifix serves only to mock Him.

Gazing at the Crucifix can I pray for relief from my financial problems and to amass more wealth ? How hard is my mind to make such a prayer to a man going through His last agony ! What makes me think that He is being crucified for the betterment of my financial positions ? In making such a prayer I can find  myself amongst the people who divided His clothes among themselves, throwing dice to see who would get the better piece..

He is paying the price to annihilate the consequences of our past Karmas ! Forgive my sins ! Pray Him nothing but forgiveness of our sins as that is the only reason He hangs on the Cross. Other prayers before the crucifix serves only to jeer Him.

Gazing at the Crucifix can I pray for the well beings of my children ? How hard is my mind to make such a prayer to a man going through His last agony ! What makes me think that He is being crucified for the good education and better earnings for my children ? In making such a prayer I can find myself amongst the people who spat on him at Golgotha.

He is paying the price to annihilate the consequences of our past karmas ! Forgive my sins ! Pray Him nothing but forgiveness of our sins as that is the only reason He hangs on the Cross. Other prayers before the crucifix serves only to spit at Him.

Gazing at the crucifix can I pray for saving me from the adverse situations which I place myself in to satisfy my ego, lust and desire. How hard is my mind to make such a prayer to a man going through His last agony ! What makes me think that He is being crucified to make my sensual kingdom enjoyable in this world ? In making such a prayer I can find myself in the place of the thief at his left on Golgotha.


He is paying the price to annihilate the consequences of our past karmas ! Forgive my sins ! Pray Him nothing but forgiveness of our sins as that is the only reason He is hanging on the Cross. Other prayers before the crucifix serves only to challenge Him.

Pray for His grace that we will not be amongst those who tortured Him, nailed Him, pierced Him, mocked Him, jeered Him, challenged him and hanged Him at Golgotha.

 
'Who do you say that I am?' and why do you think that I am hanging on the Cross ?

John P.K


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Pranam to His Holiness ' Paramaguru ' the ultimate teacher, my Lord my God !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment